Ofsted & SIAMS
St John's Gosport has been rated by Ofsted a 'Good' School during our last inspection in Feburary 2019.
Highlights from the report include -
- Pupils have positive attitudes to their learning. They take great care with the presentation of their work.
- The quality of teaching, learning and assessment is good. Teachers have high expectations of pupils and plan learning that is suitably challenging.
- The governing body provides effective support and challenge for school leaders.
- Children get off to a good start in the early years. Good teaching enables children to make strong progress from their starting points.
- The school’s curriculum and well-established Christian values are effective in supporting pupils’ spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and their understanding of fundamental British values.
Please click the below link to view the latest ofsted report for our school
As a Church of England school, we also have a SIAMS inspection every 5 years.
SIAMS inspection focuses on the impact of the Church school's Christian vision on pupils and adults. This involves looking at the school’s Christian vision, the provision the school makes because of this vision and how effective this provision is in enabling all pupils to flourish.
Our last inspection was in May 2016.
Inspections were temporarily paused due to the Covid 19 pandemic.
- Children talk openly and with confidence about matters of faith and belief in an environment that encourages such discussion.
- Collective worship makes an important contribution to the promotion of the school’s distinctive Christian ethos.
- Leaders and managers ensure that the school’s Christian character meets the needs of children.
You can view the full report below